Welcome to the instructional guide for installing and using the pantherPRINT Wireless Printing service. This Web page is designed to familiarize you with the installation process for the pantherPRINT application and how to use this service.
Installation Process for Windows-Based Laptops
Once the pantherPRINT installer has been downloaded, you can begin the installation process.
1. Running the installer will produce an installer dialogue. Click "Install" to begin the process.
2. The installer will run itself and may take a few minutes to complete. When the installer completes, click "Finish."
3. That's it! The pantherPRINT application has been installed on your computer.
Printing Documents from a Windows-Based Laptop
The pantherPRINT Wireless Printing service allows you to print from any program (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint) that offers a printing capability. Telling the computer to print a document varies based on the program you are printing from, but once the document has been submitted to the pantherPRINT service, completing the printing process is the same. Note that you can only access the pantherPRINT service using a campus wireless connection such as PROWLnet and the UWM WiFi and UWM Sponsored options of the UWM WiFi Service. For instructions on setting up your device to use the UWM Wifi option, visit the UWM WiFi Instruction Web page. NOTE: You cannot print using the "public" option of the UWM WiFi service.
- No matter what program you are printing from it is important to specify the correct printer in order for pantherPRINT to receive the document. The graphic below uses Microsoft Word, but the process for selecting a printer is essentially the same across many programs. From the printer selection list, make sure "pantherPRINT Wireless Queue" is selected as the printer.
2. By default, documents are set to print double-sided and in black and white ink. These defaults can be changed depending on what program you're using. Once you've submitted the job by clicking "Print" a Pharos dialogue box will pop up and ask you to enter your ePantherID and password. Enter your information and click "Print."
3. After you enter your ePantherID and password and click "Print," your print job is submitted to the pantherPRINT Service to be printed at a release station. Retrieving a print job sent from your computer is exactly the same as retrieving a job sent from a Campus Computer Lab computer.
Installation Process for Macintosh-Based Laptops
Once you've downloaded the pantherPRINT wireless application, you can begin the installation process.
1. Open the installer by clicking on the "pantherPRINT.pkg" file.
2. Based on the security restrictions on your computer, you may get a dialogue box like the one pictured below. If this happens, click "OK."
To remedy this, Ctrl-click on the installer file and select "Open With" and then "Installer."
A message will display which asks if you want to open "pantherPRINT.pkg." Click on "Open."
3. Once the installer opens, click "Continue."
4. Set your desired location for the utility to be installed; usually the default location works. After this has been done, click "Install."
5. Enter your credentials for your computer and click "Install Software."
6. Select "Continue Installation."
7. The installer will run itself.
8. Select "Restart" to restart your computer and finish the installation. You MUST restart your computer to complete the installation process.
9. That's it! The client has been installed on your computer.
Printing Documents from a Macintosh-Based Laptop
Follow the steps below to print a document to the pantherPRINT service. Note that you can only access the pantherPRINT service using a campus wireless connection such as PROWLnet and the UWMWiFi and UWM Sponsored options of the UWM WiFi service. For instructions on setting up your device to use the UWMWiFi option, visit the UWM WiFi Instruction Web page. NOTE: You cannot print using the “public” option of the UWM WiFi service.
1. Click File>Print.
2. Note that in order for your document to be printed, the "Printer" field must be set to "pantherPRINT". The default settings for printing are set to black and white ink with duplexing (double-sided printing) turned on. You can change these if you wish.
3. After you ensure that the correct printer is selected, click "print." A dialogue box will pop up asking you to enter your ePantherID and password, enter them and click "Print."
4. Your document has been submitted to the pantherPRINT service and can be printed out at a release station.